Forced to date others, Sabrina and Harvey try to ease the pain by double-dating, but Sabrina's date, Dante, is a witch who has never been in the mortal realm before and has a very bad attitude about it, with unfortunate consequences for Harvey and his date, Jean.
Meanwhile, Hilda copes with a bizarre illness, punnitis, that causes everything she says to be taken literally and come true which causes Davy Jones of the Monkees to become a house guest.
- Melissa Joan Hart as Sabrina Spellman
- Nick Bakay as Salem Saberhagen
- Caroline Rhea as Hilda Spellman
- Beth Broderick as Zelda Spellman
- Nate Richert as Harvey Kinkle
- Lindsay Sloane as Valerie Birkhead
- Davy Jones as himself
- Jason James Richter as Dante
- Sarah Lancaster as Jean
Witch Yenta: I have to go. I have to meet someone...
Zelda: Your old boyfriend?
Witch Yenta: No, my therapist
Hilda: She seems so happy. Oh, remember how we used to stay up Friday nights telling each other about our dates?
Zelda: We haven’t done that in ages.
Hilda: I know. We haven’t done that in ages because we haven’t had dates in ages.
Zelda: Oh well, at least we have each other. Oh my heavens! I’m living with my sister! I've gotta call that yenta!
Hilda: I remember the first time a boy gave me a star... Next thing I knew three wise men were at the door.
Uses of Magic
- Hilda conjures up an eye screaming in the freezer.
- Hilda conjures a Monkee on her back.
- Hilda sends Sabrina to a field hockey game.
- Hilda gives Salem Zelda's tongue and then returns it.
- A burger appears in Sabrina's and Dante's mouths, shakes in their hands, and fries rain down upon them.
- Dante conjures up a ham smoker.
- Zelda conjures a clothes peg on Hilda's nose.
- Hilda turns Zelda into a dictator.
- Sabrina conjures hamburgers into Hilda's and Zelda's mouths.
- Sabrina summons a Monkee.
- Dante trips Harvey.
- Dante conjures bowling shoes on Sabrina's feet.
- Dante makes his bowling ball jump out of the gutter and Harvey's shatter.
- Hilda turns Ron into a deer.
- Dante conjures a third arm.
- Sabrina pulls the baseball caps over Harvey's and Jean's heads.
- Hilda sends herself to the bowling alley and then away.
- Dante turns Harvey into a bowling pin and sends it to be with the other pins.
- Sabrina stops Dante's ball.
- Sabrina takes back Harvey's bowling pin.
- Hilda gives Dante a bonehead.
- Sabrina makes the phone ring.
To Summon the Witch Yenta
- (Cast by Zelda Spellman)
- Mortal boys we have a plenta,
- For witch fellas we need a yenta.
Power Outage Spell
- (Cast by Sabrina Spellman)
- You haven't been nice
- You haven't been cordial,
- So for the next five minutes you're gonna be mortal.
To Release Harvey's Head From a Bowling Pin
- (Cast by Zelda Spellman)
- Rock and rubble
- Thunder and wind
- Release this poor schlub from his bowling pin
- Libby, The Quizmaster, and Mr. Kraft do not appear in this episode.
- Dante is the first of three witch boys that Sabrina dates over the course of the show.
- Harvey's date was originally called Audrey but her name was changed to Jean shortly before filming so that Davy Jones would have a reason to sing his hit song, "Daydream Believer" which has the lyric "Cheer up, sleepy Jean..." The actress is still credited as Audrey in the closing credits.
- Hilda's punitus spell illness involves several things she says including figures of speech, appearing in physical form. These include a screaming eye when Hilda tries to conjure up some ice cream; Davy Jones of the Monkees when Hilda feels like she has "a monkey on her back"; Zelda's tongue is removed and temporarily placed in Salem's possession when Hilda asks Zelda if a cat has got her tongue; and Dante ends up with a large bone in his head when called a bonehead.
- The walk Davy Jones is teaching Hilda, Zelda and Sabrina at the end of the episode is an allusion to the opening credits of the TV show, The Monkees.
- Evidently, the title alludes to the work Inferno by Dante.
- Davy Jones died on 29 February 2012.