Mrs. Quick assigns Sabrina and Libby to decorate the "Democracy Day" float together, but Libby's obnoxiousness causes Sabrina to cast a spell to keep Libby at least five paces away from her. The Quizmaster intervenes, blowing the whistle on an illegal use of magic to solve problems, and reverses the spell so that Sabrina must stick to Libby like unwanted glue. When a desperate Sabrina struggles free, the spell has disastrous consequences: Libby is transformed into an incomplete jigsaw puzzle, and Sabrina has only a few hours to locate the missing pieces and put Libby together again. This necessitates a search through Libby's life and a visit to her home, where her cold, controlling mother makes Sabrina understand her nemesis a little better as does the discovery that Libby has an ailing grandmother to whom she is devoted.
Meanwhile, Zelda tries to find a miracle cure for disease but winds up inventing a miracle cleaning fluid which Salem and Hilda promptly steal and market in the Other Realm, oblivious to the unfortunate side effects of the magical brew.
- Melissa Joan Hart as Sabrina Spellman
- Nick Bakay as Salem Saberhagen
- Caroline Rhea as Hilda Spellman
- Beth Broderick as Zelda Spellman
- Nate Richert as Harvey Kinkle
- Jenna Leigh Green as Libby Chessler
- Alimi Ballard as Albert the Quizmaster
- Mary Gross as Mrs. Quick
- Cristine Rose as Mrs. Chessler
Hilda causes Zelda to drop her formula and a moment later, the kitchen is spotless.
Sabrina: "Wow! One drop of that and the kitchen is spotlessly clean".
Hilda: "I'll say! The walls, the tables, the counter".
Salem has turned white.
Salem: "I'm blonde! My I.Q. just dropped twenty points".
Zelda points at Sabrina.
Then at Hilda.
Then at herself
Next she points at Salem.
The three witches move towards Salem who scarpers.
Salem: "See ya".
Uses of Magic
- Zelda's potion makes the kitchen spotless and Salem blond.
- Quizmaster appears in the mirror and then, jumps into the room.
- Quizmaster makes Sabrina stay within 5 paces of Libby.
- Sabrina opens a locker.
- Libby turns into a jigsaw puzzle
- Quizmaster cleans Libby's room.
- Quizmaster disappears, and Libby turns back into a person.
(Cast by Sabrina Spellman)
- To keep us out of each other's faces
- Keep Libby away at least five paces.
- Valerie and Mr. Kraft do not appear in this episode. (It's explained that Valerie is on vacation in Washington, D.C.)
- The shot where the Quizmaster and Zelda slap Libby's assembled hands together is very similar to the scene in Season One's episode "Dream Date," in which Hilda and Zelda slap the formed hands of the Man-Dough together.
- It is illegal to use magic to keep someone away from you as a witch cannot distance themselves from their problems.