Hilda and Zelda: The Teenage Years is the fifteenth episode of Season 1 of Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
When Sabrina hatches a plan to go to Boston with Harvey and Libby to attend a signing of records by one of her favourite bands, the Violent Femmes, Hilda and Zelda decide to transform themselves into teenage chaperones as a compromise. But they're the ones causing the trouble when "Hillary" clashes with a security guard and Gordie falls for "Zellery." After proving that even teenage aunts can be embarrassing, they apologize by giving Sabrina her very first flying lesson -- aboard a vaccuum cleaner.
- Melissa Joan Hart as Sabrina Spellman
- Nick Bakay as Salem Saberhagen
- Caroline Rhea as Hilda Spellman
- Beth Broderick as Zelda Spellman
- Nate Richert as Harvey Kinkle
- Jenna Leigh Green as Libby Chessler
- Judith Jones as Zellary
- Alexandra Johnes as Hillary
- Curtis Andersen as Gordie
Special guest stars
- Violent Femmes as Themselves
Uses of Magic
- Zelda puts a spell on her clothes to make the upper body fatter if worn by someone else without permission.
- Zelda and Hilda make themselves teenagers.
- Zelda and Hilda change their voices.
- Sabrina changes Hilda and Zelda’s clothes
- Zelda puts an infatuation spell on the band member.
- Hilda and Zelda turn back into adults.
- Zelda summons a vacuum cleaner.
- Sabrina: Are you kidding? I’d love to meet the Violent Femmes. When? Where?
- Harvey: Well they’ll be signing CD’s at Music City in Boston tonight at midnight.
- Sabrina: Midnight! That’s perfect. I have no conflicting plans. But I still have to ask my aunts.
- Harvey: Just tell them what I told my parents. It’s an astrology field trip.
- Sabrina: Don’t you mean astronomy?
- Harvey: Wow, they’re paying even less attention than I thought.
- Sabrina: This’ll be so much fun. You, me and the Violent Femmes.
- Libby: (Turing around from the next table) You’re going to see the Violent Femmes?
- Harvey: Yeah.
- Libby: You have to let me come with you. (Moves to sit down by Sabrina) I will do anything to meet Gordon Gano. You know I hate this word but... Please? The more the merrier.
- Sabrina: (After Harvey gives her a look) All right, you can come.
- Libby: Thanks! This is so great. I love the Violent Femmes.
- Gordie: (Overhearing their conversation) You’re going to see the Violent Femmes? Can I come too? (He sits at their table beside Harvey)
- Libby: No! Jeez Gordie, you can’t just invite yourself along.
- Sabrina: I thought you just said ‘The more the merrier’?
- Libby: Twist my words, why don’t you.
- Harvey: Look. It’s my car and I say any Femmes fan is welcome. So Gordie, you’re in.
- Gordie: Cool!
- Harvey: Cool!
- Sabrina: Cool!
- Libby: Shotgun!
- Harvey: You have to let us in. I mean talk about Violent Femmes. If they don’t meet the band there will be four extremely violent femmes, and I’m the one who has to drive them all back to Westbridge along with one love-sick dude. Do not make me do that. You know what I’m saying, you’ve been there right?
- Door guard: Hartford, Led Zeppelin, 1973. Go on in
- Sabrina: I'm flying and cleaning the air at the same time.
- Sabrina: Remember. You're my extremely shy cousins Hilda and Zelda. Wait! No-one would name their kids that. Okay, you're Hillary and you're... Zellery.
- Zelda: Zellery?
- Sabrina: Yeah. Your parents were hippies. Go!
- Aunt Hilda: Oh no! She got you too? That sweater is hexed!
- Sabrina: Why can't I live in a normal house?
- In this episode we learn that modern day witches ride vaccuum cleaners instead of broomsticks.
- The Violent Femmes were also featured on an episode of Melissa Joan Hart's previous show, Clarissa Explains it All.
- Jenny doesn't appear in this episode.
- This is the only episode where Libby is nice to Sabrina, with the exception of when the two switch personalities in Season 2's, "When Teens Collide."
- The cartoon that the Violent Femmes were watching was the first episode of Ren and Stimpy Show , titled Stimpy's Big Day.