Preparing for her father's monthly visit, Sabrina anticipates the teenage trauma of introducing her father to her boyfriend but isn't prepared for the teenage trauma of meeting her divorced father's new girlfriend, a lawyer from the Magic Book named Gail. When Gail and Sabrina's father have a fight, Sabrina--reluctantly--takes it upon herself to try and patch up their relationship.
The three Spellman women can't open a jar of spaghetti sauce, and appeal to Edward for help. While crushed by Gail's departure, Ted opens every jar of food in the house, so Hilda and Zelda consume everything in the most unlikely combinations.
Uses of Magic
- Sabrina spins the jar.
- Hilda spins the kitchen table.
- Edward makes Chinese food appear on the table. He also creates Chinese clothing for them and tuns everything they say into Chinese.
- Sabrina changes her clothes and language.
- Gail transports into and out of the book.
- Edward enters the book only to be thrown out again.
- Sabrina causes Katarina Witt to be hurt when Harvey says she is beautiful.
- Sabrina summons a satellite dish.
- Sabrina jumps into the book.
- The index keeper appears when the bell is rung.
- Sabrina swipes the papers off of Gail's desk.
- Sabrina summons Salem on a hot tin roof.
- Salem: Not me, I'm stayin' put. There's an exciting shaft of light on the ceiling that'll keep me here for the next five hours.
- Hilda: Men aren't stronger. They just try longer than any sane woman would.
- Jenny, Libby, and Mr. Pool do not appear in this episode.
- Robby Benson, who plays Sabrina's father in this episode, also voiced the Beast in the movie "Beauty and the Beast," and his "scary voice" (where he sounds like he's roaring) resembles that of the Beast.
- This is the last time Robby Benson portrays Ted. The role is taken over by Doug Sheehan in the Season Four episode "No Place Like Home" and the Season Seven episode "Soul Mates."
- Charlene Fernetz (Gail) played Aunt Hilda in the Sabrina, the Teenage Witch movie.