After Harvey arrives to help her with a class project and they end up spending the day goofing off instead, Sabrina's aunts lecture her on procrastination, so she tries to whip up a recipe for magical jumping jelly beans as a quick substitute for motivation. Unfortunately, she cuts corners on the recipe and produces a giant beanstalk in the back yard. When Harvey eats one of the beans, he is whisked to the top of the beanstalk where the Wicked Witch proceeds to fatten him up for her gourmet meal. Sabrina attempts to rescue him only to find that her powers don't work at the top the beanstalk. Hilda and Zelda, trying to help, go to the emergency ward in the Other Realm, and find themselves in an interminable waiting line. So it's up to Salem to conquer his fear of heights and help save Sabrina and Harvey from winding up on a platter.
Harvey: I know what to do!
(Tosses water onto the wicked witch)
Harvey: It's not working!
Sabrina: Get real Harvey. This isn't fantasy. Now, let's get off this cloud and down that beanstalk.
Uses of Magic
- Zelda puts an alarm her X-ray helmet.
- Hilda and Zelda conjure fog.
- Hilda sends Salem to the top of the beanstalk.
- Sabrina changes her clothes.
- Sabrina covers the wicked witch's wall with gingerbread.
- Sabrina puts candy cane gutters on the wicked witch's house.
- The wicked witch appears.
- The wicked witch locks Harvey and Sabrina in her house.
- Sabrina attempts to pick the lock.
- The wicked witch traps Harvey and Sabrina in the pot.
- Sabrina makes the sleeping wicked witch unlock the door and release them from the pot.
- Sabrina stops Harvey from falling.
- Sabrina locks the wicked witch in her house with a big bowl of salad.
- The arborist yells "TIMBER!!!", and the beanstalk disappears.
To make a magical jumping bean:
Potassium benzoate, a shot of B12 and fruit extract.
- Valerie, Libby, Mr. Kraft, and The Quizmaster do not appear in this episode.
- In this episode we find out that in the Other Realm, YMCA stands for Yikes! Magic Crisis Agency.
- This episode is a reference of the children's stories, Jack and the Beanstalk and Hansel and Gretel. In fact, the Wicked Witch's daily meal schedule reads Monday: Hansel, Tuesday: Gretel, Wednesday: Harvey.
- Jack and the Beanstalk is a fairytale about a boy who trades his cow for five magic beans.