Sabrina and the Beast is the tenth episode of the third season and the sixtieth overall episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
Sabrina and Harvey decide to compete against Libby and her boyfriend for the title of cutest teen couple. However, things go awry when Cousin Susie comes to visit Sabrina to discuss the Family Secret and gets upset that Sabrina seems to be obsessed with her looks. As a result, Susie casts a spell on Harvey, turning him into a Beast, to show Sabrina that personality is more important than looks.
Meanwhile, Salem decides to coach Hilda, who's training for a local decathlon and has her work out on a Domin-A-Tron, a talking treadmill-like machine. However, the Domin-A-Tron has a mind of it's own; it traps Hilda, scares Salem, and takes over all of the household appliances. Meanwhile, the Domin-A-Tron's chaos goes unnoticed by Zelda, who, inspired by Susie's goodness, is busy working on a machie that will turn dirt into food. Salem finally chews through the electricity wires which, aside from giving him an electric shock, short-circuits the Domin-A-Tron, but it also causes Zelda's machine to blow apart.
Uses of Magic
To Summon Cousin Susie
(Cast by Sabrina Spellman)
- Cousin Susie who is so cutesy
- Please come and help Harvey out of this hair doozey.
- This is the only time that we see the other side of the kitchen where the camera always is.
- Susie gives two clues to the family secret. She is the only relative to do so. One clue is a whip, the other is the phrase "we all have our good and bad parts."
- This episode marks the final appearance of the Slicery.
- The title of this episode is a spoof of Beauty and the Beast. Interestingly, Robby Benson, who played Sabrina's dad Edward, in season 1, was the voice of the Beast in Disney's animated film.
- In this episode we find out that the Spellmans are of the "democratic" party, which is an actual party in the mortal realm.
- Sabrina's hair is considerably longer in the pre-credits scene than it is in the rest of the episode, suggesting that the scene was perhaps filmed later than the rest of the episode.