Troll Bride is the finale and 24th episode of Season 1 of Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
When Sabrina can't find her homework, she follows Salem's advice to consult a professional magic finder, but when Roland the troll appears and quickly uncovers her missing notebook, he demands her hand in marriage as payment. When he forgets his hat at Sabrina's house, she follows him home to return it and becomes trapped in his castle and can only be rescued by the prince she loves: Harvey. Unfortunately, in order for him to save her, Harvey must learn the truth about Sabrina being a witch.
Meanwhile, her aunts try to break the contract Sabrina signed with Roland with the help of a witch lawyer "with great legs."
- Melissa Joan Hart as Sabrina Spellman
- Nick Bakay as Salem Saberhagen
- Caroline Rhea as Hilda Spellman
- Beth Broderick as Zelda Spellman
- Nate Richert as Harvey Kinkle
- Jenna Leigh Green as Libby Chessler
- Michelle Beaudoin as Jenny Kelley
- Paul Feig as Eugene Pool
- Phil Fondacaro as Roland
- Bryan Cranston as Witch Lawyer
- Sabrina — Harvey, climb up my hair!
- Harvey — You're okay with that?
- Sabrina — Yeah, just don't split any ends
- Harvey — Who was that guy who tried to beat me up at school today?
- Sabrina — Roland? Oh that's a funny story, I'll tell you later
- Harvey — It is later
- Sabrina — Well, he's a friend of my aunts
- Harvey — That's the funny story?
- Sabrina — I didn't tell it very well
- Stuart – You're asking me to break a legitimate contract
- Zelda – Isn't that what lawyers do?
- ―Every day she's Zeldaing
Uses of Magic
- Roland changes Sabrina's clothes.
- Hilda changes Harvey's clothes.
- Sabrina makes her hair grow.
- Roland disappears.
(cast by Sabrina Spellman )
Finder of lost things,
help me find my biology notes.
- This episode marks the final appearance of both Jenny and Mr. Pool.
- In an interview, Michelle Beaudoin confirms that her departure from the series was not her choice and that the network wanted Sabrina to have an "ethnic best friend." However, this idea was obviously thrown out since Valerie Birkhead, who wasn't "ethnic" at all, took Jenny's place.
- It is unknown why Mr. Pool was removed from the series, although possibly he was removed because Sabrina would not be taking the same class the next year, so he would not be her teacher.
- First appearance of Roland, who will become a recurring character for the next three seasons.
- This is the first of three times that Harvey discovers Sabrina's secret. This time, he forgets because the aunts give him a potion that causes him not to remember after he rescues her from Roland.
- One of the running gags of this season was Sabrina and Harvey never remembering what mitosis is. In this episode, Harvey finally learns what the definition is when Sabrina tells him before they take their test.
- The music played as Roland runs through the linen closet is The Wicked Witch of the West's theme from 'The Wizard of Oz'. This is most likely a reference to the Munchkins, who were of a similar stature to Roland.
- Prince Randy (interviewed by Hilda and Zelda) is portrayed by Frank Conniff, the same actor that portrayed big Rudy in The True Adventures of Rudy Kazootie.