When Sabrina can't find her homework, she follows Salem's advice to consult a professional magic finder, but when Roland the troll appears and quickly uncovers her missing notebook, he demands her hand in marriage as payment. When he forgets his hat at Sabrina's house, she follows him home to return it and becomes trapped in his castle and can only be rescued by the prince she loves: Harvey. Unfortunately, in order for him to save her, Harvey must learn the truth about Sabrina being a witch.
Meanwhile, her aunts try to break the contract Sabrina signed with Roland with the help of a witch lawyer "with great legs."
- Sabrina: Harvey, climb up my hair!
- Harvey: You're okay with that?
- Sabrina: Yeah, just don't split any ends.
- Harvey: Who was that guy who tried to beat me up at school today?
- Sabrina: Roland? Oh that's a funny story, I'll tell you later.
- Harvey: It is later.
- Sabrina: Well, he's a friend of my aunts.
- Harvey: That's the funny story?
- Sabrina: I didn't tell it very well.
- Stuart: You're asking me to break a legitimate contract.
- Zelda: Isn't that what lawyers do?
Uses of MagicEdit
(cast by Sabrina Spellman )
Finder of lost things,
help me find my biology notes.
- This episode marks the final appearance of both Jenny and Mr. Pool. In an interview, Michelle Beudoin confirmed that her departure from the series was not her choice and that the network wanted Sabrina to have an "ethnic best friend." However, this idea was obviously thrown out since Valerie Birkhead, who wasn't "ethnic" at all, took Jenny's place. It is unknown why Mr. Pool was removed from the series.
- This is the first of three times that Harvey discovers Sabrina's secret. This time, he forgets because the aunts give him a potion that causes him not to remember after he rescues her from Roland.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Roland who will become a reccuring character for the next three seasons.
- One of the running gags of this season was Sabrina and Harvey never remembering what mitosis is. In this episode, Harvey finally learns what the definition is when Sabrina tells him before they take their test.
- The music played as Roland runs through the linen closet is The Wicked Witch of the West's theme from 'The Wizard of Oz'. This is most likely a reference to the Munchkins, who were of a similar stature to Roland.