Witch Trash is the ninth episode of the second season and the thirty third overall episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
Racine, Boyd, and Maw-Maw, a trio of bitter hillbilly relatives from the Other Realm, start a family feud over Great-Grandma's will which gave Sabrina possession of the magic book, beginning when they magically lock the Spellmans inside their home. Trouble is, Valerie and Harvey are visiting at the time.
Racine: "Lord have mercy, look at the number of towels, Boyd."
Boyd: "It's like there's one towel for each person".
Boyd: "Well look at what the magic book can do, this place looks like the Taj Mahal with indoor plummin'".
Salem: "Sorry folks, Graceland is closed today".
Maw-Maw: "You know cats make real nice jerky".
Salem sobs in fear.
(After the hillbillies refuse to unseal the house)
Sabrina: "Now how am I going to get Harvey and Valerie out of his house?"
Hilda: "I say we fight pork rinds with garbage. Let's start by pelting them with rotten tomatoes".
Zelda: "No! No! No! No! These Spellmans will not stoop to their level, no matter how tempting that might be. We will not get anywhere by trying to get...(slides back the living room door to find her Lab-Top destroyed) even. This means war!"
(Zelda raises her finger)
(Great-Granny has just summoned Racine, Boyd, and Maw-Maw)
Great-Granny: "And make it snappy! I foolishly wore a girdle".
Great Grandma: "Oh Racine, I know you're unhappy but it was fair. Now Hilda and Zelda got the magic book and you got what you chose: all my money".
Sabrina: "They got all of great grandma’s money?"
Hilda: "Yep, and they bought a mansion and a Jet, and several butlers".
Zelda: "Don’t forget tiaras for Maw-Maw".
Hilda: "And then all the money was gone".
Racine: "We didn’t just spend it, we invested some of it".
Boyd: "Yeah, who knew chihuahua racing wouldn’t take off".
Hilda: "Ah everyone?"
Great-Granny: "The next person who interrupts me is going straight to the corner."
Zelda: "Yes, that's right, let Great-Grandmother talk."
Great-Granny: "Zelda! Corner!".
(Great-Granny points and Zelda floats over to the corner).
Salem (after Racine unseals the house): "Finally, I'm free! I have no place to go."
Zelda (from the corner): "May I please be excused?"
Great-Granny: "Not until you've thought about what I said. (To Hilda and Sabrina) I just wish I could remember what it was".
Great-Granny (off-camera): "NOOOOOO!"
(Zelda is still floating in the corner as the episode ends).
Uses of MagicEdit
- Alice Ghostley who portrays Great-Granny in this episode, portrayed the character of Esmeralda on Bewitched, a witch maid who was rusty with magic.
- Libby, the Quizmaster, and Mr. Kraft do not appear in this episode.
- The "hillbillies" in this episode seem to be modeled after three characters from The Beverley Hillbillies.
- Witches live for so long that they have to have several wills to help them thin out all of the things that they have accumulated.
- For some reason, when Zelda conjures the "astonish-mints," her magic manifests as blue sparkles instead of her usual violet.
- Salem only has two lines in the entire episode.
- The title is obviously a punny play on the term "white trash".