When Cousin Marigold attempts to send Amanda to the mortal realm to live with Hilda and Zelda, they attempt to arrange to have her stay at Witchright Hall, a magical boarding school for troubled and misbehaved young witches. Sabrina accompanies Amanda on her acceptance interview and Amanda is rejected for being "too nice." Surprisingly she is upset at this as she felt at home at Witchright and when the school staff hear this, they accept her.
This episode introduced Phil, a tough and marine-like teacher making the students take a cold shower and do push-ups.
Uses of MagicEdit
- In a second attempt at a spin off, the producers created this episode to be the pilot for "Witchright Hall" which was to air on the WB in Fall 2001, with all the guest stars most likely becoming regulars. However, its slot was given to a different series. This is the second attempt at producing a spinoff, the first attempt being with the Season 3 episode "Sabrina, the Matchmaker" where the show was going to be called "Spells Trouble," and was to feature Amanda, her mom, and her sister adjusting to life in the Mortal Realm.
- Josh, Miles, and Morgan do not appear in this episode and nor are their respective portrayers credited. Despite Soleil Moon Frye being credited, Roxie does not appear in this episode either.
- We learn that Amanda's last name is Wiccan.
- It is revealed that Marigold has remarried and is no longer living in the Mortal Realm. She has made Hilda and Zelda the legal guardians of Amanda.
- Charles Shaughnessy who previously appeared in the episode "You Can't Twin" as Alec, returns, portraying Professor James Hexton.